ForumCommunity

Ashley Rickards/Samantha Walker

« Older   Newer »
Pey
view post Posted on 30/7/2010, 01:00

Get to know Ashley Rickards: as an actress & as one who brings smiles to autistic kids!
fonte: examiner.com

Actress Ashley Rickards may only be 18, but she's got a wisdom and maturity about her that is all too rare for young Hollywood and quite recognizable when speaking with Rickards. Rickards, a Florida native, began making her on-screen debut in 2006 in hit shows such as Ugly Betty and Entourage. She got her big break starring as Samantha Walker on the CW popular drama One Tree Hill. An experience Rickards says allowed her to grow the most as an artist. Currently, Rickards is spending her summer playing an inspirational role as an autistic child in the new film Fly Away. She recently discussed with me the value she sees behind her new part, and how she herself uses her spare time off-screen to bring joy to the lives of autistic children.

Tell me about your new film Fly Away that you're currently filming? What is your role like?
Ashley-
Fly Away is about the love and the struggle of a mother who has an autistic daughter and the reality they face. It's about strength and perseverance and loving unconditionally. Janet Grillo who won an Emmy is directing. Catherine Hardwicke is executive producing. Beth Broderick actually plays my mom. It's just an amazing crew.

How did you prepare to play an autistic child? It's very different from anything you have ever played before.
Ashley-
In addition to having worked with special needs children in the therapy program my family and I ran, I read all the books I could find, watched all the movies and documentaries on autism. I think it's key to do your research and educate yourself no matter how familiar you are with the subject.

What most appeals to you about the role of Mandy?
Ashley-
I think it's allowing the public this inside view of autism. It's so fantastic. We see Mandy love, learn, hope, and preserver through her journey. She's after all just a teenage girl but with autism. I want to increase awareness and understanding of this. It's what the audience sees, the many layers of autism.

I read you are starring in an MTV pilot, can you tell me a bit about that?
Ashley-
Yes, THAT Girl, it's about Jenna Hamilton. A girl who had some pretty unfortunate things happen to her and tries to make the best of it. She's done very well for herself. She realizes she's not in control of what happened to her but she is in control of what she makes of it. It's an edgy, dark, comedy of things that everyone in every age will relate to.

You were on One Tree Hill for practically an entire season, what was a moment that truly stood out to you playing the role of Sam?
Ashley-
The scene that was the most fulfilling was where I tell Brooke about my mom who works in the coffee shop who doesn't know who I am. It was special because I get to share with everyone what makes Sam the way she is, what makes her edgy and defensive and what makes her not want to get close to anyone. She just doesn't want to get hurt and prevents it by cutting herself off.

What was the most challenging part or scene you had with Sam? She was definitely someone who was up and down a lot with her emotions.
Ashley-
It's easy to psych yourself out but I find that once you're in the scene, it just goes where it's going to go. I wouldn't say that there was a challenging moment. The most challenging moment on the set was probably staying away from craft services. That stuff was killer!(Laughs) But in terms of the acting and the scenes and stuff, it's awesome to work with people like Sophia [Bush] and Austin [Nichols] who are such pros. It really makes everybody's job easier.

That leads to my next question, you did work with the more experienced lead actors of the show, in addition to Sophia Bush and Austin Nichols, you worked along side Bethany Joy Galeotti and Daphne Zuniga, did you receive special advice from them that you have taken with you now on your other projects as an actress?
Ashley-
Yeah, the whole One Tree Hill experience made me realize I wanna write, and produce, and direct as well as act. I'm interested in all facets of the industry. I was fortunate enough to work with a great cast and crew who would let me watch them work behind the scenes while they directed a scene I wasn't in.

Daphne was great. She's got a really dark, sarcastic humor which is awesome. I definitely know where she's coming from.

How would yo say the role of Sam allowed you to grow as an actress? What did you take most away from your One Tree Hill experience?
Ashley-
It was definitely the realization that I wanted to write produce and act. It was a great learning experience in that aspect because the longer you're on something, the more comfortable you feel asking to watch somebody's process, and being able to watch the camera man's process or watch the lighting process or watching the directing process, that was incredibly helpful and enlightening.

How did you develop your interest in acting?
Ashley-
It was actually a school opera my middle school was doing at the time. I didn't want to do it but because the school was so small, if every student didn't participate then we wouldn't have been able to fill all the roles. So it was mandatory and I was backstage when I realized that I was just in love with this industry and there's no way I would ever do anything, other than this for a career. And after that moment, with a lot of help and support from my parents I pursued it with everything I had and haven't looked back.

What's your ideal or dream role to play in the future?
Ashley-
That's an interesting question. My ideal role would be anything that allows me to play anyone the public is familiar with and to be able to show them that, but in a new light. And also starring in something with anyone from the cast and crew of Fly Away would really send me over the moon. They're all amazing. One of the producers, Pavlina Hatoupis, is helping me learn a lot about producing and stuff that I'm writing. She's just a fantastic mentor. And Janet [Grillo] is amazing. Amazing at what she does.

What are some of your other passions? What would you say you would be pursuing if you were not acting?
Ashley-
Well I love baking and horseback riding. Also recently discovered I'm pretty athletic, which is exciting. But horseback riding is amazing. It's just you and the horse and if you're not in team with the horse, if you don't function as a team, if you're not one, it will not be good. I guess I would have loved to have been a horse jockey.

I read you are an equestrian who has trained horses to work with disabled children. How did that start?
Ashley-
I've always loved horses. When I was younger, I competed in horse shows and did quite well. I still do riding, but I don't compete as of now. My family and I raised horses and they were so friendly we thought it would be wonderful to bring the joy to just everyone. Seeing the kids eyes light up when the horses would nozzle them and the joy they made in the company of these animals was really a priceless experience. Words can't begin to describe.

If you could go back in time and spend a day in the life of anyone from history, who would it be and why?
Ashley-
I'd probably pick Albert Einstein. I'm just fascinated by how his mind works. And not because he's a genius but because of the actual workings of his brain. It's clear in all the books I've read on him that his way of thinking and his interpretation are very rare.

I always love the quotes you tweet to your followers! They're always great!
Ashley-
Oh thank you. The quotes are an amazing way to impart advice without being very naggy. They also comes from very renowned people. Always very wise stuff and then you gotta put it into action.

Avrilee89
view post Posted on 30/7/2010, 01:29

Grazie mille silvia :)

alex3a
view post Posted on 30/7/2010, 07:02

grazie mille silvia!!! ;)

brucas90
view post Posted on 31/7/2010, 12:19

grazie mille

brooke-beker
view post Posted on 31/7/2010, 13:48

grazie mille silvia

Pey
view post Posted on 31/7/2010, 17:14

grazie a voi :)

brucas90
view post Posted on 17/7/2011, 12:15

MTV'S NEW SHOW "AWKWARD."

Wonder what Ashley Rickards, (OTH's Sam Walker) been up to lately? Well you can check her out on Tuesday, July 19th at 11/10c on MTV's new show Awkward.

Narrated in the first-person voice of Jenna's blog posts, "Awkward." captures the humor within the struggles and experiences everyone can relate to from their formative years. The series picks up in the aftermath of the accident as she must deal with a new not-so-fun stigma, while at the same time managing the other daily drama that comes with being a teenager. From a secret relationship with a popular guy, to being undermined by a mean girl, and parents who just don't get it-Jenna's misfortune will eventually serve as the catalyst for amazing change, but it's not without some missteps and mishaps along the way.

fonte e video

Pey
view post Posted on 19/7/2011, 11:18

grazie ele

brucas90
view post Posted on 4/8/2011, 11:46

StarNews: Ashley Rickards talks “One Tree Hill,” “Awkward” and salad recipes

Ashley Rickards has a request for the chef at Deluxe in downtown Wilmington: Would you mind sharing a recipe?

The actress, now starring in the quirky high school comedy “Awkward” on MTV ( 11 p.m. Tuesdays), spent about eight months in the Wilmington area a few years ago playing foster kid Sam Walker on the locally filmed drama “One Tree Hill.”

ashley1-240x300

And during her stay, she fell in love with one of Deluxe’s menu items.

“I am still trying to recreate this salad that I had there,” she said last week while promoting “Awkward” at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “It was a bunch of root vegetables baked to a perfect, sort of, a little bit crunchy, a little but soft. And it had a sweet marinade but with bleu cheese on it. It was the best salad I have ever had. And I can’t find a recipe, I don’t know how to make it, and I’m about to fly back to Wilmington just to go interrogate that chef. I need to know!”

Rickards stayed at the Hilton and Riverview Suites during her stay, and spent a lot of her time off set working out while watching another popular show about young people.

fonte

Pey
view post Posted on 4/8/2011, 12:11

grazie ele

alex3a
view post Posted on 21/8/2011, 21:20

“Vi siete mai chiesti se voi non ci foste più? Se ve ne andaste all’improvviso, il mondo come reagirebbe? Qualsiasi cosa immaginiate è sbagliata. Non c’è niente di romantico nella morte. Il lutto è come l’oceano, profondo, scuro, e più forte di tutti noi. E il dolore ti colpisce come un ladro nella notte.” – Samantha

“Quentin Fields era un giocatore di basket, era anche un figlio, un fratello, un compagno di squadra e amico di qualcuno. Non conoscevo Queentin Fields, e non potrò mai conoscerlo. Il lutto è come l’oceano, profondo, scuro, e più forte di tutti noi. E il dolore ti colpisce come un ladro nella notte: silenzioso, persistente, ingiusto. Attenuato dal tempo, dalla fede, e dall’amore. ” – Samantha

Samantha: “Ehì sei bassetto.”
Jamie: “Ho cinque anni, tu che scusa hai?”

Samantha: “Hai un appuntamento!”
Brooke: “Ci vediamo per lavorare.”
Samantha: “Si, un lavoro che inizia in salotto e finisce in camera da letto.”

“Scusate ma non mi interessa assistere a questo momento Peyton-Brooke, amore-abbracci, ecc. ecc.” – Samantha

Julian: “Non volevo interromperti, preferisco che tu scriva.”
Sam: “Davvero?”
Julian: “Mi è piaciuta la storia che hai scritto, il mio unico consiglio è: scrivi ancora. Hai quello che tutti gli scrittori dovrebbero avere.”
Sam: “Un’infanzia travagliata?”
Julian: “Una voce, hai qualcosa da dire.”

Sam: “Posso tenere il vestito?”
Brooke: “Ma certo.”
Sam: “E’ solo che…Victoria dice che sembro una Davis con quel vestito.”
Brooke: “Tu sarai sempre una Davis, per me.”
Sam: “E tu sarai sempre la mia prima mamma.”

Pey
view post Posted on 22/8/2011, 15:33

il miglior scottino

grazie alex

alex3a
view post Posted on 22/8/2011, 15:59

grazie a te silvia!!il sangue degli scott è .. beh.. promette bene!!

58 replies since 13/2/2009, 17:21   3506 views